NATURAL Homemade Insect Repellent: Place the following ingredients into a large container.
~One fat juicy lemon with a heavy rind sliced paper thin
~One Tablespoon of crushed Rosemary sprinkled over the lemon slices.
Pour 32 ounces of near-boiling water over the lemon and Rosemary. Cover with a clean cloth and let the liquid “steep” for at least 15 hours After the “steeping” time, pour the liquid through cheesecloth into a clean quart size canning jar, cover and store in the refrigerator. Transfer 4-6 ounces at a time into a spray bottle with a fine mist applicator. Spray liberally over the skin and coat. Avoid contact with the eyes. Repeat the application as frequently as required. OK for both humans and dogs.
SUMMER DOG TREATS:
(1) 32oz. container of low-fat Greek plain yogurt
(2) 1 cup peanut butter
(3) 2 Tbls honey
(4) 1 ripe banana (optional)
Using a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze. When they are frozen hard, you can pop them out into zip-lock bags for storage in the freezer.
Frozen Doggie Yums:
(1) 2 cups low-sodium chicken or beef stock
(2) ½ lbs raw chicken or beef hearts cut into ½” sized small pieces
(3) Frozen peas and carrots (make sure carrots are cut into very small pieces)
Mix all ingredients together and freeze into ice cube trays. Store in zip-lock bags in freezer.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1.5 cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 3 Lg. eggs
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of frozen green bean
- 1/2 cup of frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen, fresh or freezed dried)
- 1/4 cup of organic canned pumpkin
- Optional: 1/2 cup raw goats milk (never use cows milk)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients. Spred mixture into two 5 x 7 loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 1″ slices. Freeze slices individually.
I personally heat up and add 1/2 slice of meatloaf to 2/3 cup of dry kibble for a days feeding.